Twelve people were shot dead in Chicago on Tuesday, including a 14-year-old girl outside a Bronzeville high school and a 15-year-old boy who was injured while driving by in Gage Park.
- The girl and a security guard were seriously injured when a gunman began firing outside Wendell Phillips Academy High School in the 3800 block of South Giles when the guard opened a door to let the students out in the stomachs and around 3:15 p.m. taken to hospital in critical condition. The man, who was shot at least six times, was taken to another hospital in a different area.
- In Gage Park, the 15-year-old boy was riding a bike at Block 5300 on South Albany Avenue when someone fired gunshots in a dark limousine at around 11:10 p.m., Chicago police said. He was hit in the chest and left arm and taken to the hospital in critical condition.
- Hours earlier, a man was shot dead and critically injured while driving by in Marquette Park on the South Side. The 50-year-old got into his car in the 7200 block of South Troy Street when he was shot in the chest and torso around 8:40 p.m., police said. He was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition.
- A 17-year-old boy was shot dead and critically injured in South Shore on the Far South Side. Police said the teenager was walking down the street at 7600 block on South Phillips Avenue around 7:35 p.m. when he was shot in the chest. He was hospitalized in critical condition.
- A man was shot dead and critically injured in West Rogers Park on the North Side on Tuesday morning. The 38-year-old was out on the 6500 block of North Washtenaw Avenue around 8:40 a.m. when someone opened fire and hit him in the head, police said. He was taken to Evanston Hospital in critical condition. One suspect has been taken into custody.
- In the first reported shooting of the day, a person was found wounded in East Garfield Park on the West Side. The person was discovered on the 300 block of North Hamlin Avenue with gunshot wounds to his chest and leg around 2:40 a.m., police said. He was in critical condition in a county hospital.
Five others were injured in shootings across Chicago.