Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Chicago man indicted in mass shooting in Wicker Park – NBC Chicago

A 35-year-old Chicago man was charged Wednesday in a weekend mass shooting in Wicker Park that killed one person and injured four.

Teanius Sykes of Block 3300 in West Monroe has been charged with first degree murder, double heavy battery, reckless firing of a gun and illicit use of a gun, Chicago police said.

Police said Sykes was arrested at 7 p.m. Sunday after being identified as one of the people involved in the shooting.

The shooting occurred at around 3:42 a.m. on Sunday, police said on the 1500 block on North Milwaukee Avenue. Police told NBC 5 earlier this week that all surviving victims are stable in the hospital.

Security cameras at nearby companies recorded the shooting, which killed a 32-year-old man and injured four other men and women.

A camera recorded audio of the shooting that occurred at around 3:40 a.m. on Sunday. Several rapid shots were heard as crowds ran down the street and took cover.

Last month, Wicker Park’s Bargos took cover after random paintball attacks in the area. In recent weeks, residents have been made aware of a number of car thefts.

Kevin O’Donnell, owner of the Pint Irish Pub on Milwaukee Avenue, told NBC 5 this week that he wanted more police patrols in the area.

“Usually it’s great nightlife for everyone, but it really is a mess,” said O’Donnell. “There are children, there are families who live here. It’s terrible.”

Comments are closed.