Ultimate magazine theme for WordPress.

Schaumburg charged with stabbing boys following the death of Manuel Porties on Sturnbridge Lane, Cook County officials say

SCHAUMBURG, Illinois (WLS) – A 17-year-old boy was charged with first degree murder earlier this year for stabbing another teenager in Schaumburg, Cook County officials said Tuesday.

Schaumburg Police arrested the boy at 3:10 p.m. Monday and said he was involved in Manuel Porties’ knife stab (Sept. 18) on the 600 block on Sturnbridge Lane.

Porties was killed in a fight on a residential street.

The boy was arrested without incident and charged with first degree murder on Monday.

RELATED: Arlington Heights man indicted after CTA agent stabbed, Chicago policeman injured in Loop

The criminal charges in the case were initially dismissed because “there was insufficient evidence at the time,” Cook County officials said.

Last month, friends and family protested Cook County’s decision not to prosecute.

The suspect has a bond hearing on Tuesday afternoon in Rolling Meadows.

Copyright © 2021 WLS-TV. All rights reserved.

Comments are closed.