Have a fabulous weekend, Chicago!
Sunday: morning storms. High: 89 Low: 78.
Sunday: seed. High: 85 Low: 67.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Chicago? Let us help you reach prospective home buyers and stand out from the competition. Click here to learn more.
- An armed robbery on the CTA Red Line at the North and Clybourn stop turned into a mass stabbing when the victim fought back with a small knife, authorities said. At least four people stabbed, including three of six people involved in the robbery. (ABC7)
- At least 200 cases of monkeypox have been reported in Chicago. “Most, but not all cases have been in men — specifically in gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men. That’s largely because spread occurs in tight-knit social networks,” Chicago’s top doc said. (FOX32)
- More than three years after Gov. JB Pritzker signed the law legalizing recreational marijuana in Illinois, state regulators finally have issued the first conditional licenses to businesses, Jonah Meadows reports. (patch)
- Shots rang out at a Shakespeare in the Parks performance. No one was hurt in Columbus Park Thursday night, but the chaotic scene was surely a tragedy. (NBC5)
- Who wants to be 43rd Ward alderman? (Sun Times)
For A Good Time, Click:
- Wicker Park Festival at Milwaukee and Damen Avenues (Noon)
- Sundays On StateState Street (11 am)
- Laura Marano at Schubas (6:30 pm)
- The Weekend After Hours Til Dawn Tour at Soldier Field (6:30pm)
- Wicker Park Farmers Market at 1425 N. Ladies Ave. (8am)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Main-Dempster Sidewalk Sale (July 23)
- Lowered Costs for 2022, Get Your Cannabis Card in 24hrs from Home! (July 23)
- Evanston Made Maker’s Markets (August 7)
- The Evanston Chamber Music Society Summer Music Festival (August 19)
- Add your event
- Older adults (60+) experiencing cognitive challenges needed for research study (Details)
- United Cerebral Palsy-Center for Disability Services Named Non-Profit Hero of the Month (details)
- Add your announcement
— Mark Konkol
About me: Mark Konkol, recipient of the 2011 Pulitzer Prize for local reporting, wrote and produced the Peabody Award-winning series “Time: The Kalief Browder Story.” He was a producer, writer and narrator for the “Chicagoland” docuseries on CNN and a consulting producer on the Showtime documentary “16 Shots.”
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Chicago Daily? Contact me at [email protected]