ALSIP-CRESTWOOD, IL — In Illinois, the overall average dipped to $4.31, which is down 18 cents from this time last week and down 81 cents from a month ago, according to AAA.
The average in Cook County remained above the state average into the weekend, sitting at about $4.78 per gallon, according to AAA. The cheapest gas to be had in Cook County is Sam’s Club, 101 Oakton St., Des Plaines.
But gas can be found under $4 a gallon around Alsip-Crestwood, if you know where to look.
Here are some other places you can save near Alsip-Crestwood:
- Marathon, 5201 W. 111th St., Alsip, $4.26
- Speedway, 12700 S. Pulaski Road, Alsip, $4.39
- Gas Depot, 11901 S. Pulaski Road, Alsip, $4.44
- Delta Sonic, 13740 S. Cicero Ave., Crestwood, $4.44
- Speedway, 14002 S. Cicero Ave., Crestwood, $4.44
- BP, 13459 S. Cicero Ave., Crestwood, $4.49
- Citgo, 13830 S. Pulaski Road, Crestwood, $4.49
Nationally, the average gas price going into the weekend was about $3.97 per gallon. It was $3.39 at this same point last year, according to AAA.
Illinois’ gas prices ranked no. 8 in the lower 48 of the county. The top 5 states in gas price averages Friday were all out west, with California at $5.37, Nevada at $4.95, Oregon at $4.88, Washington at $4.81 and Idaho at $4.71, according to AAA. Texas had the lowest national gas price average at $3.48.