Evanston’s Parks and Recreation Department will provide free cold breakfasts and lunches to youth ages 1 to 18 years old at six locations.
The program starts Monday and runs through Aug. 12.
Free meals will be available Monday through Friday, on a first come, first served basis. Breakfast will be served from 8 to 9:30 am and lunch will be served from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
There are no residency or income-based restrictions to participate in the program. Meals will be available for grab-and-go only and guardians must accompany young children.
The meal sites are:
- Dewey School, 1551 Wesley Ave.
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St.
- Mason Park, Church Street at Florence Avenue
- Robert Crown Community Center, 1801 Main St.
- King Arts School, 2424 Lake St.
- Oakton School, 436 Ridge Ave.
The Summer Food Service Program is funded by a grant from the Illinois State Board of Education. Menus are available at at each location. More information is available online.