Whether you’re heading to Soldier Field, watching from home, or just visiting Chicago this weekend, there are a few things you should know before the Chicago Bears start their home at Soldier Field.
Here is a breakdown:
When is the Bears game?
The Bears-Bengals game is scheduled for Sunday noon.
Which channel is it running on?
The game will be broadcast on Fox and listeners to the radio can tune in to WBBM Newsradio 780 AM and 105.9 FM.
Fans in the coverage area can watch the game live and free of charge via ChicagoBears.com or the official Chicago Bears app.
How should I get there?
For those who go to the game, the parking lots open at 8:00 a.m. and the gates open at 10:00 a.m.
If you’re driving, city officials are warning of major traffic disruptions from several major events this weekend and possible road closures.
Due to the Mexican Independence Day celebrations, residents can expect increased traffic in the central business district and on DuSable Lake Shore Drive this weekend, officials warned.
Meanwhile, the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) and Metra are working together to attract fans to the game.
For those using the CTA, be sure to take the Soldier Field Express # 128, Inner Drive / Michigan Express # 146, or Roosevelt Station, which is served by the red, green, and orange lines.
For those traveling from the suburbs, six Metra lines will take you to either Union Station in Chicago or the Ogilvie Transportation Center, where the CTA’s # 128 Soldier Field Express provides express bus service to Soldier Field. The Museum Campus / 11th Street Station on the Metra Electric Line is also adjacent to Soldier Field. According to Metra, the rail agency will offer an additional service on this route on match days.
Metra lines connected to either Union Station or Ogilvie include:
- BNSF train
- Milwaukee North
- Milwaukee West
Ogilvie Transport Center:
- Union Pacific North
- Union Pacific Northwest
- Union Pacific West
COVID protocols like masking persist across public transport.
What are the COVID logs at Soldier Field?
Fans are strongly encouraged to visit and enter Soldier Field early.
- Ticketing is still only possible on the move.
- As per instructions from the CDC and based on Chicago’s current local COVID-19 data, the Chicago Department of Public Health requires that all individuals aged 2 and over, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks in indoor public spaces. The regulation allows masks to be removed while guests are actively eating or drinking.
- Some fan areas that are considered indoor in Soldier Field are the United Club, Miller Lite Midway, Pro Shop, North Garage, bathrooms, elevators, and enclosed hallways. Once suite guests arrive at their suite, masking is recommended if they are not eating or drinking, but it is not required. Open-air concourse areas and the seat shell are considered outside.
- Masking remains optional outdoors, although masks are recommended for unvaccinated individuals in crowded outdoor areas.
- Attorney Aurora Health and the Chicago Bears will be offering free COVID-19 vaccinations in the Fan Zone at Stadium Green on the southeast side of Soldier Field on Sunday from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. No game ticket is required for vaccination.
Is there anything else I should know?
The bears warn fans that staff shortages could lead to long concession lines.
“Like many service industries, our concessionaire is currently suffering from a labor shortage. We ask the fans to be patient, ”said the team.
Lee Twarling, senior vice president of sales for the Chicago Bears, urged fans to keep this in mind and know that employees are “doing the best job they can”.
“The labor disputes are definitely real,” he told NBC Chicago on Friday. “Staffing was a challenge.”
Fans will also want to remember the stadium’s “Clear Bag Policy”:
Approved bags are limited to:
- Clear plastic bags no larger than 12 “by 6” by 12 “
- 1 gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bags or similar)
- Small clutch bags, no larger than 4.5 “by 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, can be carried into the stadium with one of the clear bag options.