The Cook County Board of Review is open to appeals from the Cicero Ward. The City of Cicero’s assessor office can help you fill out your application form in our office in Cicero City Hall, 4949 West Cermak, 2nd Floor Assessor Office.
We recommend that you give your information in advance by telephone so that we can prepare the documents for you at 708-656-3600, extension. 225, 226 or 228.
Leave a voicemail that you want to address with information such as the homeowner’s name, address, and phone number.
The deadline for submitting in person to the Cicero office is January 19th.
You can also file an appeal online at home by following the steps below:
MAKE A COMPLAINT TO THE COOK COUNTY BOARD OF REVIEW OFFICE
1. On the main screen, click on “Submit an objection”.
2. You can click on “Register” and create an online account with username, email and password or click on “Submit an objection as a guest”. (These instructions apply to the guest appeal option)
3. Select “Property overrated” from the first drop-down menu. Then enter your 14-digit PIN, which you can find on your property tax invoice. Click on the box for the “Captcha: I am not a robot”. Click next “.
4. If your property has more than one package or PIN, click “Yes” in the drop box and enter the appropriate PINs. Click Submit.
5. Verify that the AutoFill information is correct, enter the phone number, email address and any missing information, and make any corrections. Then click Next”.
6. If you would like to offer comparable objects to your objection, enter the 14-digit PINs for the comparable objects in the notes side box. Then click Next”.
7. Review all of the information on the “Confirmation Page” and make adjustments if necessary.
8. Enter your initials at the bottom of the page and click Submit.
9. If you would like to upload documents with your objection (ex. Final statements, assessments, photos, etc.), you can do so now. Click on “Done”.
10. Your appeal is closed. You should receive an email confirmation of your submitted objection which you can keep for your records.
All online appeals must be filed before 5:00 p.m. by January 20th.
Emilio “Emo” Cundari
Assessor, City of Cicero